Tuesday, October 10, 2006


I finally have a firm hold on the illusive future. It has taken many failures, misteps, broken relationships, and a lot of money. I will be moving to St. Louis some time in the near future to begin my new life. Lyndsye and I will be engaged before she knows it, I will be shopping a demo around, getting a Masters, and teaching. It has been a long time coming I must say! Springfield Missouri was a wonderful place to grow, and discover a hint of what I wanted in life. I met many wonderful people (Lyndsye), and had way too much beer. Omaha the past two months however has felt stifling and strange. I have had many creative surges, but most of what I could write was always bleak. I'm thankful for the friends I have met here as well, I just haven't felt the personal growth I was looking for. Much of that may have to do with the fact that emotional I'm some place else. I look around and take stock of some of the things in my life, and come to a few conclusions; I am mostly a private person (socially speaking), but very engaging with music and literature; I no longer want some of the people I am associated with by various friendships, to define me; Adversity is inevitable, but character is not...meaning, I have chosen a path that some disagree with, and those "some" will no longer be exploiting my generousity with no recprication; Trying to launch a singer/songwriter career is a dream that may lead me down a road of no monetary gain, and no fame, but the creative process, finished product, and feeling of accomplishment are all so damn worth it.

2 comments:

Rachael Byrnes said...

Sounds like your about to open up to a whole new exciting phase of your life. Have your got any recordings of your songs on this site? Cheers

Zander Ashley Foucault said...

Haven't posted any recordings, but a page for media is in the works...stay tuned!